DVClub Boston – October 18, 2019
Please join us on October 18, 2019 at the Westford Regency for a catered lunch and networking. We are excited to announce THREE guest speakers for this event: Tom Fitzpatrick, Strategic Verification Architect at Mentor, a Siemens business, Seán Adam, Vice President of Market Strategy and Innovation at AFL, and Cliff Cummings, President of Sunburst Design, Inc., will be our guest speakers.
- 11:30am—Door Open / Networking
- 12:00pm—Lunch / Presentations by Tom Fitzpatrick, Seán Adam, & Cliff Cummings
“Agile Regression Management”
Verification teams continue to be asked to do more with less. In addition to being able to create the tests required to adequately verify complex designs, we need to be able to manage and control the whole process in a coherent way to get the most out of our verification resources, whether they are technological or human. This session will show how you can add automation to your verification process to optimize tests, close coverage and accelerate failure analysis. We’ll also discuss how to adopt Agile techniques using the Jenkins platform to make Continuous Integration a key part of your development process and maximize verification visibility and predictability.
- Tom Fitzpatrick is a Strategic Verification Architect at Mentor, a Siemens business, where he works on developing advanced verification methodologies and educating users and partners on their adoption. He has been a significant contributor to several industry standards, both in Accellera and IEEE, including Verilog 1364, SystemVerilog 1800, UVM 1800.2 and is a founding member and current Vice Chair of the Portable Stimulus Working Group. He is also this year’s recipient of the Accellera Technical Excellence Award. He has published multiple articles and technical papers about SystemVerilog, verification methodologies, assertion-based verification, functional coverage, formal verification, Portable Stimulus and other functional verification topics and has produced some of the most popular and successful video training courses on Mentor’s Verification Academy website. Tom holds Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in EE/CS from MIT, is an avid golfer and a huge Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots fan and has been married to his wife, Dee, for 23 years.
“5G in 5 Minutes”
5G is becoming a household term. Beyond the trade journals and market reports, mainstream media is even talking about it. The transitional nature – the monumental opportunity –the world envisioned in the Jetson’s – flying cars and robot housekeepers – all interconnected by a vast wireless infrastructure. But what is it all about and where does reality end and hope, desire, and vision begin? This talk will look to provide an understanding of what’s making up the 5G transformation.
- Seán Adam is Vice President of Market Strategy and Innovation at AFL. Seán holds a master’s degree in Electric Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has over 20 years of experience in the Semiconductor and Telecom industry with a focus on system-based solutions and architectures. Today, Seán is focused on developing and guiding AFL’s overall growth strategy in the key markets we serve. You can learn more about Seán on LinkedIn (www.linkedIn.com/in/seanadam) or follow him on Twitter (@AFL_SeanAdam).
“Using UVM Virtual Sequencers & Virtual Sequences”
What are virtual sequencers and virtual sequences and when should they be used?
Tests that require coordinated generation of stimulus using multiple driving agents benefit from using virtual sequences.
This presentation will clarify important concepts and usage techniques related to virtual sequencers and virtual sequences that are not well documented in existing UVM reference materials. This presentation will also detail the m_sequencer and p_sequencer handles and the macros and methods that are used with these handles. The objective of this presentation is to simplify the understanding of virtual sequencers, virtual sequences, and how they work.
- Cliff Cummings is President of Sunburst Design, Inc., a company that specializes in world-class SystemVerilog, Synthesis and UVM Verification training. Cliff has presented hundreds of SystemVerilog seminars and training classes and has been a featured speaker at multiple world-wide SystemVerilog and Assertion Based Verification seminars. Cliff has been an active participant on every IEEE Verilog and SystemVerilog committee, and has presented more than 50 papers on Verilog & SystemVerilog related design, synthesis, and OVM/UVM verification techniques, including more than 20 that were voted “Best Paper.” Cliff holds a BSEE from Brigham Young University and an MSEE from Oregon State University.
RSVP and invite some of your colleagues!!