Dean Drako, President and CEO - IC Manage
IP Reuse Impact on Design Verification Management Across the Enterprise- pdf
- Dean Drako founded IC Manage in 2003, a company that he has helped expand to become the IC/SoC design and IP management technology leader.
- Dean was also founder, President, and CEO of Barracuda Networks from 2003 to 2012, where he built and expanded Barracuda from a spam and virus firewall provider to a broad line enterprise technology company with more than 150,000 customers. He currently serves on Barracuda's Board of Directors.
- Dean was also the founder of Boldfish, a leading provider of enterprise messaging solutions that was acquired by Siebel Systems in 2003.
- Before Boldfish, Dean was founder, President and CEO of Design Acceleration Inc. (DAI), maker of superior design analysis and verification tools, which was acquired by Cadence Design Systems.
- Dean has served as an entrepreneur in residence for SoftBank Venture Capital as well as Vice President of product engineering at the 3DO Company.
- Dean holds a B.S. in electrical engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and M.S. in electrical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley.
- In 2007, Dean was named "Technology Entrepreneur of the Year for Northern California" by Ernst & Young.
Harry Foster, Chief Scientist - Mentor Graphics
Wilson Research Group Functional Verification Study
- Harry Foster holds multiple patents in verification.
- He has co-authored six books on verification, including the 2008 Springer book, Creating Assertion-Based IP.
- Harry was the 2006 recipient of the Accellera Technical Excellence Award for his contributions to developing industry standards.
- He was the original creator of the Accellera Open Verification Library (OVL) standard.
Mike Bartley, CEO and Founder - Test and Verification Solutions
Verification Challenge Conferences (from UK, France, Germany, and India) Discussion
- Mike Bartley has a PhD in Mathematics from Bristol University, an MSc in Software Engineering, and an MBA from the Open University
- He has over 20 years of experience in software testing and hardware verification
- Mike has built and managed state-of-the-art test and verification teams in a number of companies including STMicroelectronics, Infineon, and Elixent/Panasonic, who still use the methodologies he established.
- Since founding TVS he has consulted on multiple verification projects for respected organizations including ARM and Infineon.
- Mike was formerly Chairman for ten years of the Bristol branch of the British Computer Society and is currently Chairman of the Bristol Local Enterprise Parternship (LEP) and is a Technical Advisor to the National Microelectronics Institute (NMI).
- He has over 20 articles published on the subject of verification and outsourcing.